- Scan Rates: 1 kpps to 30 kpps
- XY Resolution: 12 Bits
- Color Resolution: 5 bits (for a total of 32,768 colors)
- Colors: Red, Green, Blue outputs
- TTL Shutter Output
- Built in test patterns accessible by button.
So what are the big differences between Rev4 and Rev3? Here is the list:
- Rev4 has a XY Voltage reference for a more stable picture.
- Rev4 has more colors! 32k vs. 512
- Rev4 has more free IO pins so you can do more with your arduino!
I have uploaded the Eagle .BRD file to OSHPark.com board service for the convenience of ordering the boards. The service provides 3 boards for around $26. If you would like less expensive boards (less quality) then try Dirty PCBS. They also take Eagle .BRD files directly. For any other services use the Gerber files provided in the Hardware release below. Most services take Gerber files zipped up in a zip file.
- Interface DLL V3.2
- Test Program V3.2
- MLD File V1.1
- OLSD Software - OLSD_V4B_Software_12312011.zip
- OLSD Hardware - OLSD_V4B_Hardware_10162011.zip
To install the Arduino library, unzip and copy the OLSD folder into the Libraries folder of your Arduino Application. Then close and restart the IDE. There will be 4 examples available as well accessible from the File->Examples->OLSD sub menu.
Arduino Port Map
|Jmp||Arduino Pin||AVR Pin||Direction||OLSD Func|
|J1||Digital 0||PD0||Input||Serial RXD (on Arduino)|
|J1||Digital 1||PD1||Output||Serial TXD (on Arduino)|
|J1||Digital 2||PD2||Output||Status LED (1 == ON)|
|J1||Digital 3||PD3(INT1)||Input||User Switch (0 == Pressed)|
|J1||Digital 4||PD4||Output||ILDA Shutter|
|J1||Digital 7||PD7||Output||#CTS (needs jumper #CTS->FTDI)|
|J2||Digital 8||PB0||Output||Latch Color Regs (1 == Latch)|
|J2||Digital 9||PB1||Output||#LDAC on uChip DAC|
|J2||Digital 10||PB2(SS)||Output||#CS on uChip DAC|
|J2||Digital 11||PB3(MOSI)||Output||MOSI (SPI Data Out)|
|J2||Digital 13||PB5(SCK)||Output||SCK (SPI Serial Clock)|
ILDA 25 Pin D-Sub MAP
|4||Interlock (Connected to Pin 17)|
|17||Interlock (Connected to Pin 4)|
|18-20||Ground (for color outputs)|